Sunday 9 August 2009

Crispy crunch, chewy munch!

Alriiiiiight, lalala, haven't done one of these in a while, starting it off in the usually brilliantly eloquent fashion where i make my sentences too long and nonsensical and pretty damn immature. Woo.

I do always have this fantastical view of summertime, as if everything changes around now and my whole life is just perfect. When no, that's not quite the deal. The weather's nicer and I have more freedom. Things don't necessarily get a great deal better than usual.

I mean.. sure, i've had some great experiences since i broke up from school. I've been under the influence, been to a few festivals, wandered around Welsh towns, spent ages with MJ, got a new lovely sister and met one Aled Philips. : )
And i'm not done having fun, there's still Lostprophets and i'm off to Salisbury again tomorrow, so that's cool.

But the general things that bother me? Yeah, they're still there. School's out, which does improve things hugely, but there are still things that upset me. Because I'm upset too easily and I shouldn't be so damn sensitive and quick to temper. But I don't really know any more, I can't tell if i'm overreacting or if my behaviour is justified.

But I... I just hate anything that's made into an offensive joke about my sexuality. I know my friends aren't about to string me up and try and tell me i'm wrong or whatever, that they're all cool with it, and perhaps that should be enough? But one friend in particular drags it up every time he can.

"Normal girls do that."
"what do you mean, normal girls?" My hackles raising at this point.
"you know, girls who aren't lesbians." -insert immature smirk-

I hate it. He doesn't understand and probably doesn't care how difficult the last year and a half has been, how fucking painful it all was, how goddamn messy my head gets over this. It shouldn't bother me and it shouldn't matter but frankly, it does. It bothers me that people can pick on me and judge me and get away with it all, just because I'm not really into cock, and most people in authority are not willing to deal with these kinds of problems.

Last time I complained to a teacher about a homophobic comment a kid had made, the teacher just started turning it into a "well, you're probably gay yourself! ;D" style joke. Until I told him he was a wanker and to go fuck himself and walked out of the class.

Why is this another blog about sexuality discrimination? Why? I've spent so long on it, i hate it, i'm never going to eradicate it, no one wants to listen to me talk about it any more. no one round here, because frankly it doesn't directly affect them, so they don't give a shit.

This is becoming negative and probably kind of whiny, not to mention repetetive. I'll just give it up now.

1 comment:

T.M.J said...

I think you probably write about this a lot because, well, it's something you're passionate about. You seem to face little things that act as discrimnation against you for one reason or another more than others and...i think it's natural to wanna get some feelings about it out.

What he said was totally out of order. I've told you what i think about it and...yeah :arms:

and as i've said before, never worry about whinging ot whatever because I, and other people, probably don't see it as that. :)

Blog = vent. So taptap away XD

:)

See you tomorrow. Love you. xxxx